1. Prep and cleanse the nails Fold forms to create the edge shape. (Olin folds down each side, along the numbers on the forms and then folds it again down the center line.) Place the forms with the center peak just slightly above the nail plate. Apply Light Elegance Airbond to all 10 nails. Using Light Elegance 1-Step, create the extension, keeping your end shape in mind as you create the nails. Before curing, pick up a small amount of gel. Flash cure each nail for 15 seconds to hold the shape. When one hand is complete, cure for two minutes. Repeat on the other hand.
2. Cleanse the inhibition layer and file the nails into shape Reapply a thin layer of 1-Step gel and cure it for two minutes.
3. Apply blue gel mixture Apply your blue gel mixture to the smile line and fade halfway down the nail. Do not cure.
4. Apply pink gel mixture Apply your pink gel mixture to the free edge and fade halfway up the nail. Do not cure.
5. Using a Light Elegance Using a Light Elegance small striper art brush, blend the pink into the blue, creating a purple blend. Do not cure.
6. Pick up a small amount of Guilty Pleasure Gel Polish on one side of the brush and lightly drag the tip of the brush, at an angle, through the pink, purple, and blue, cleaning off the brush and picking up more Guilty Pleasure between each color. Use a Light Elegance Smile Line brush to swipe a nice, crisp smile line. Flash cure each nail for 15 seconds. When all five are complete, cure for two minutes.
7. Apply a coat of 1-step gel, running a string of gel from the free edge up onto the nail plate. Cure for two minutes. Cleanse the nails.
8. With a Light Elegance Perfect File, refine the shape by filing the free edge at a 45-degree angle, left corner to tip, then right corner to tip. File shape into top of nail, holding the file at a 45-degree angle from left side up to the spine being careful not to drag the file across the spine, then right side up to the spine to create a defined edge shape. Dust and cleanse nails. Apply a final layer of 1-Step gel. Cure for two minutes. Cleanse the inhibition layer and apply cuticle oil.